Monday, September 5, 2011

Seafood & Veggie Stir Fry

My sister in law's grandma recently suggested Jasmine Rice, which is a thai rice and I love stir fry so I decided to pair them! With thanks to my sister and no thanks to my boyfriend, I had fresh peeled and deveined shrimp to use too (It is a long story!)  This recipe is actually pretty healthy and very filling-Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 package asian stir fry veggie mix-or your favorite fresh veggies
1 cup uncooked Jasmine rice
1/4 pound fresh shrimp
1/2 cup imitation crab meat
1/2 cup stir fry sauce
4 tablespoons soy sauce
Lawry's Sesame Ginger marinade

Directions:

1. Place shrimp and crab in marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour.

2. Boil 1 1/2 cup water and stir in rice. Cover and reduce to simmer for 15 min, stirring often.

3. Place fresh veggies in a glass bowl with 3 tablespoons of water and place in microwave covered for 3 min. to steam.



4.  Cook shrimp and crab on medium heat until shrimp is pink and add in steamed veggies with stir fry sauce and soy sauce and continue to cook for about 6 minutes.

5. Serve stir fry mix over Jasmine rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment