Sunday, October 2, 2011

Apple Cheddar Grilled Cheese

Don't worry...I didn't give up on my blog but I have been lacking lately with new posts. I have cooked plenty and taken pictures I just haven't posted anything, but today I'll get back to it!! The weather is perfect and this is a great recipe using apples: the most fall-ish fruit! Grilled cheese can get very boring and normally I'm not a fan but add apples and it's an entire new concept. Kyle made faces as I was making it but was shocked at how good they are! Pair these grilled cheese with chili for a great meal!
Ingredients per Sandwich
2 slices of bread
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 sliced fresh Apple
1 tsp Garlic Salt
Lite Mayo
Honey Mustard
Cooking Spray

Directions

1. Spread mayo and honey mustard on one slice of bread.

2. Layer cheese, then apples, and remainder of cheese with sprinkles of garlic salt.

3. Using cooking spray in pan (and as needed while flipping) cook sandwich on skillet over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.

I know... this is very simple! Please try it, you will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment